A lot of people are looking towards home remedies to stop sweating. There are many deodorants and anti-perspirants in the market which promise to help a person stop sweating but they have little to no success.
They may have chemicals in them which may, instead of helping them stop sweating; cause skin rashes and other medical conditions.
In case of home remedies to stop sweating, there is no such complication.
A person sweats to help reduce the body temperature when it rises too high. This is a natural process and a person cannot stop sweating, there is a condition, when a person sweats excessively and this is called Hyperhidrosis.
There are two types: Primary hyperhidrosis found in adolescents, it is an inherited genetic trait and Secondary hyperhidrosis which is caused due to a malfunction of the thyroid or pituitary gland, due to tumors, gout, menopause, certain drugs etc.
There can be a number of reasons for this excessive sweating including certain foods and drinks, certain smells and due to nervousness.
While it is almost impossible to stop sweating completely, there are some home remedies to stop sweating that can be resorted to without the fear of chemicals.
Here are some of these home remedies to stop sweating:
- Tomato Juice: Tomato juice is one of the best home remedies to stop sweating. Not only does it benefit your skin and hair, but also helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer. One glass of fresh tomato juice a day for a week and alternate days thereafter should help you stop sweating.
- Potatoes: Another home remedy used to stop sweating is potatoes. Just cut a potato in half and rub it in the insides of your armpits and see the results.
- Vinegar: Take a little vinegar in a wet cloth and use it to wipe your underarms or any area you wish to reduce or stop sweating and see the results.
- Wheat Grass: This is rich in vitamin B including B1-B12. It has been proven as one of the best home remedies to stop sweating, when consumed every day.
- Sage extract: Drinking herbal tea of sage has been proven to be one of the best home remedies to stop sweating. It is rich in vitamin B and magnesium. It should be brewed in hot water for no more than 10 minutes. Drink one or two cups a day only, and you will stop sweating within a few days.
- Another remedy to stop sweating is by dabbing your underarms with cotton pads soaked in baking soda and lemon juice.
By following the above home remedies to stop sweating, one can greatly be benefited. Try them, stop sweating and enjoy a clean healthy life.